About the NAPABA Partners Committee
The NAPABA Partners Committee is the national forum for the promotion of networking and professional development for Asian American partners and senior attorneys practicing in major law firms or who have major law firm experience suitable for corporate law departments.
Membership eligibility requires that the attorney be a partner, counsel or senior attorney in a major law firm with at least 10 attorneys and with at least 5 years of law experience. Those with past major law firm experience are also eligible. Eligibility inquiries should be directed to the Chair of the Committee who will consider the scope and depth of the attorney's experience, practice area and geographic location which are all relevant to admission to the Committee.
All members must be a member of NAPABA either as a direct member or via a local affiliate. All members must pay annual dues to be included in the online Directory and remain on distribution lists for important announcements during the year.
The Committee's activities include:
- Annual dinners at each NAPABA Convention in association with the NAPABA In-House Counsel Committee
- Operation of an online Directory of Asian American Partners in Major US Law Firms (the "Directory")
- Periodic publication of a print version of the Directory which is sent by NAPABA's In-House Counsel Committee to to over 1200 APA in-house attorneys in the U.S. and overseas.
- Mentoring program for career development during the year and at NAPABA's Annual Conventions
- Local networking events with other NAPABA Partners and In-House attorneys
Interested persons may join the Partners Committee and register for the Directory online by clicking here.
For additional information, please contact Co-Chairs Bruce L. Ishimatsu at firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 200-4060 or Michael P. Chu at email@example.com or (312) 321-4284.